The Tarheel R/C Flyers is a model aircraft flying club located in Rocky Mount, NC. We currently have over 60 members and…
- we hold at least 3 public flying events every year
- we provide a fun and safe family environment for men and women of all ages
- we encourage all flying types (fixed wing, rotor aircraft, gas, glow, electric, turbine, etc.)
- Flight instruction is available at no cost (club membership required).
- we’ve been in Eastern NC for over 40 years.
- we’re AMA-sanctioned club who’s missions is to promote radio-controlled aviation.
Our club is also home to the Twin County eagles, IMAA Chapter 482. Please feel free to visit us at our beautiful field, which is located in Wilson County, NC.
The runway is 750′ x 90′ of well-trimmed Bermuda grass. It is East-West facing, and the pilots face North. We have clear approaches on either side, and the sun is never a problem! As a result, we have Eastern NC’s PREMIER flying site!